Fees Report 2017–18
The original version was signed by:
The Honourable Dominic LeBlanc, P.C., Q.C., M.P.
President of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada
Message from the Commissioner of Official Languages of Canada
I am pleased to present the 2017 to 2018 Report on Fees for the Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages.
The Service Fees Act introduces a modern legislative framework that enables cost-effective delivery of services and, through enhanced reporting to Parliament, improved transparency and oversight. The act provides for:
- a streamlined approach to consultation and the approval of new or modified fees
- a requirement for services to have service standards and reporting against these standards, along with a policy to remit fees to fee payers when standards are not met
- an automatic annual fee adjustment by the Consumer Price Index to ensure that fees keep pace with inflation
- annual detailed reporting to Parliament in order to increase transparency
This 2017 to 2018 Fees Report is the first report to be prepared under the Service Fees Act.
I welcome the increased transparency and oversight that the Service Fees Act’s reporting regime embodies, and I am fully committed to transitioning the Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages to this modern framework.
General fees information
The table that follows provides information on the category of fees, including:
- the name of the fee category
- the date that the fee (or fee category) was introduced and last amended (if applicable)
- service standards
- performance results against these standards
- financial information regarding total costs, total revenues and remissions
General and financial information by fee category
|Fee name||Fees charged for processing requests filed under the Access to Information Act.|
|Fee type||Regulatory fees|
|Fee-setting authority||Access to Information Act
Section 11.(1) paragraphs a, b and c
|Year last amended||2016|
|Performance standard||The office of the Access to Information must contact the applicant and provide the documents within 30 days of receipt of the request.|
|Performance results||The applicants received a communication in the format of their choice in 100% of cases.|
|Other information||No additional information to provide.|
|2016-17 Revenue||2017-18 Revenue||2017-18 CostFootnote 1||2017-18 RemissionsFootnote 2|