1908

The Juniorat Saint-Jean is founded in Pincher Creek

The Juniorat Saint-Jean in Pincher Creek, Alberta, is a school run by Oblate priests for young men studying theology in French.

In 1910, the Oblates moved the school to Edmonton and found a permanent home for it in 1911, where Campus Saint-Jean is still located today.

Over the years, religious instruction gave way to other educational programs, and the school’s name evolved—Collège Saint-Jean (1943), Collège universitaire Saint-Jean (1970), Faculté Saint-Jean (1977) and now Campus Saint-Jean (2005)—as it built its reputation as a French-language post-secondary educational institution in Western Canada.