The Government of Canada is working hard to enhance the role of Parliament and the proactive disclosure of information so that Canadians are better able to hold Parliament, the government, and public sector officials to account.
To this end, the Government announced the mandatory publication on departmental websites of travel and hospitality expenses for selected government officials, contracts entered into by the Government of Canada for amounts over $10,000 (with only limited exceptions, such as when national security is at issue), reclassification of positions, and grants and contributions.
- Disclosure of travel and hospitality expenses
- Disclosure of contracts
- Disclosure of position reclassifications
- Disclosure of grants and contributions
As expenditures for advertising and public notices incurred by the Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages are not reported in the Annual Report on Government of Canada Advertising Activities because of the independent status of the Commissioner of Official Languages as an agent of Parliament, they are proactively disclosed on this website to ensure transparency.
Departmental Plans (Formerly Reports on Plans and Priorities)
The Office of the Commissioner’s departmental plans (DPs) set out the corporate priorities, expected results and spending estimates.
- 2018–19 Departmental Plan
- 2017–18 Departmental Plan
- 2015–16 Report on Plans and Priorities
- 2014-15 Report on Plans and Priorities
- 2013-14 Report on Plans and Priorities
- 2012-13 Report on Plans and Priorities
- 2011-12 Report on Plans and Priorities
- 2010-11 Report on Plans and Priorities
Departmental Results Report (Formerly Departmental Performance Reports)
Departmental results report (DRRs) provide an account of results achieved against planned performance expectations as set out in respective reports on plans and priorities for the most recently completed fiscal year.
- 2016-17 Departmental results report
- Financial Statements
- Annex to the Statement of Management Responsibility Including Internal Control over Financial Reporting (unaudited) 2016-17
- Report on Annual Expenditures for Travel, Hospitality and Conferences 2016-17/span>
- 2015-16 Departmental Performance Report
- 2014-15 Departmental Performance Report
- 2013-14 Departmental Performance Report
- 2010-11 archived
Quarterly Financial Reports
Internal Audit and Evaluation
The goal of internal audits is to provide information, advice and assurance to the Commissioner of Official Languages as to whether the important management systems and processes and administrative services of the Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages of Canada are appropriately designed and effectively operated to comply with its policies and guiding principles. Internal audits help the Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to assessing and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
The objective of internal evaluations is to provide information, analysis and advice to the Commissioner of Official Languages as to whether the organization’s programs and initiatives are producing the outcomes that they were designed to produce and at an affordable cost, and to identify lessons learned and good practices that are intended to support program and policy improvements.
Access to Information and Privacy
The Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages' Access to Information and Privacy Office is responsible for implementing and administrating the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act and also ensures that the Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages respects legislative and central agency policies and procedures.
Blueprint 2020 progress update
Infographic on the Office’s modernization and transformation efforts, presented to the Clerk of the Privy Council as part of the Blueprint 2020 initiative.